Thursday, January 25, 2007

Looking up

Yay! Mommy feels okay enough to play!!!


Today things are better. I realized that my last several posts have been "poor, poor me" posts, and realize that there are many worse things that could be going on right now than morning sickness. For that I am thankful.

This morning was wonderful... Forrest brought me breakfast in bed (am I lucky or WHAT?!) A wonderful breakfast of bacon and Eggo waffles. I can't help but wonder if it wasn't that very thing that has helped me today. I was able to eat breakfast before getting out of bed, and I actually haven't been sick at all today. I've actually cleaned up a little, and straightened up the house, which feels great. I can't tell you how bad it makes you feel to see your house go to shambles when you have no energy to do anything about it.

I've been able to play with Shepherd today, which he seems to really enjoy. In fact, he's been worn out from all the walking, and the dancing we've been doing. Yes... dancing. It's so adorable. When I put some music on, he'll walk up and down the hall shaking his hands in the air and shaking his head back and forth. Either that, or he'll find something to hold on to, and bounce up and down while shaking his head. It's great... the better the music, the more he gets into it.

He's really learning SO much and so FAST! He's been signing for "food" for a while, and last week, Forrest introduced the sign for "bath" since Shepherd really, really loves his bathtime. Right after he finishes dinner and we're cleaning up his tray, he starts patting his chest and rubbing it up and down, which is the sign for bath. It's amazing that he knows that bathtime comes right after dinner. :) So smart!!!

Other than the morning sickness... I'm definately feeling more and more pregnant. I've got that heavy feeling in my lower abdomen letting me know that my uterus is growing in size... it's so exciting to think that there's a little person inside of me, growing daily, and that in a few short months, we'll get to meet this little person. Craziness.

Well, I think I'm going to go sprawl out on the couch, to take advantage of Shepherd's naptime and catch a few winks of sleep myself. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What perspective you have now that you've been through it once. Keep some saltines by the bed too!!

Avorie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I don't know if I'd have as good of an attitude as you do!

Connie said...

That Forrest is such a sweetheart! I am so glad you felt better today. I especially liked the cute picture of Shepherd.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better! I remember feeling so sick and so tired and caring for a toddler--it was no fun.

Reesh said...

Thank God your feeling better! I couldn't imagine, being dead dog tired is bad enough without throwing nausea into the mix. Welcome back to the lad of the living...

Tiffany said...

I understand your pain. I am in the same situation. I have one son born 02/14/06 and just found out i am having another one around 10/01/07-ish.It sucks taking care of one while feeling like you have a permanent hang-over Hang in there!!!