I was over at Chris's site this morning, reading about the new Left Behind Games.
Folks, this is all shades of wrong. I mean, I knew LaHaye was a lunatic and all, but this is taking things a bit too far. I think this gets away from what Christianity is all about... Jesus was a pacifist, refusing to engage in any type of military war (which was expected of the Messiah)... he taught about turning the other cheek, about loving others, and issued stern warnings against the "moral majority" of his day. Anyways.... here's a summary of the game:
Wage a war of apocalyptic proportions in LEFT BEHIND: Eternal Forces - a real-time strategy game based upon the best-selling LEFT BEHIND book series created by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. Join the ultimate fight of Good against Evil, commanding Tribulation Forces or the Global Community Peacekeepers, and uncover the truth about the worldwide disappearances!
· Lead the Tribulation Force from the book series , including Rayford, Chloe, Buck and Bruce against Nicolae Carpathia – the AntiChrist.
· Conduct physical & spiritual warfare : using the power of prayer to strengthen your troops in combat and wield modern military weaponry throughout the game world.
· Recover ancient scriptures and witness spectacular Angelic and Demonic activity as a direct consequence of your choices.
· Command your forces through intense battles across a breathtaking, authentic depiction of New York City .
· Control more than 30 units types - from Prayer Warrior and Hellraiser to Spies, Special Forces and Battle Tanks!
· Enjoy a robust single player experience across dozens of New York City maps in Story Mode – fighting in China Town , SoHo , Uptown and more!
· Play multiplayer games as Tribulation Force or the AntiChrist's Global Community Peacekeepers with up to eight players via LAN or over the internet!
Gah, gah, gah, gah, gah, gah, gah, gah, GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously? A Christian company is promoting violence.... pardon me while I go throw up. This just makes me sick.........