Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Please tell the crazy pregnant lady to stop... UPDATED!!!

Y'all, Y'all, Y'all.... I can't stop. I don't think it's nesting (although my ridiculously clean kitchen speaks for itself). I cannot stop making cookies!!!!!!! It's like some crazy lady broke into my head, and felt the sudden impulse to make homemade chocolate chip cookies. And they had to be perfect. And stacked neatly onto a cute little plate. I do have to say, though, that these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made in my life. Hands down. They are the type of cookies I always strive to make, but somehow fail miserably, and wind up eating the second half of the batter. This time? I made the entire batch. Want some cookies? We got loads of them!!!

I think it's mostly a ploy to get my mind off of the contractions I've been having all afternoon. No they don't hurt (yet) but they are becoming increasingly more uncomfortable. Thank goodness Forrest gets off work at 5. It takes him an hour to get home. AN HOUR, Y'all!!!!!!!!! (notice my southern accent, y'all... gee golly goodness I feel like I'm back in Mayberry. (for those of you who didn't know, I grew up just 30 min. south of Mayberry/Mt. Airy)).

So... anyone who's had a baby before tell me, will I really know when to go to the hospital or when to call my doctor? Because it seems so incredibly silly to sit here and time every stinkin' contraction when I know they aren't the "big ones" because they barely hurt? Actually...I should clarify. I have a relatively high tolerance for pain, so my definition of "hurt" doesn't always jive w/ the doctors and their "on a scale from one to ten" pain scale (I hate that scale and the dumb pictures that go with it). The "pain" I've had is more along the lines of monthly menstruel cramps. I've had 12 years of experience with these puppies, and that's exactly what it feels like.

Anyways... moving on.... What else have I occupied my time with? TLC's a Baby Story, sleep, baking cookies, grocery shopping (which I quickly realized I couldn't haul half the crap up the 2 flights of stairs to our apartment, so I only brought in the perishables... Forrest can get the rest). Speaking of groceries (see? completely random tangent thoughts... meant only to distract me from the bit*$ of a contraction I'm having)... has anyone ever had their groceries delivered? Because locally, there's this store that will deliver your groceries. Too bad it's not my favorite store, and that store only does pick-up. Which is still nice, but you have to carry your groceries in yourself. Just wondering if any of you have experience w/ the grocery delivery and could relate to me how it works for you/doesn't work for you.

Well.. I'm off to finish my last batch of cookies. I'll try to keep y'all posted on the progress!!

(By the way, I have totally forgotten to thank Matthew for kindly writing me an e-mail explaining how to edit the html links on my site. I've gone a little nuts in this post w/ the links, and have only him to thank! :) Thanks Matt... hope you find that booger picker you need!)

Updated 6:45 pm: Please, please, please make me stop. I just finished making a HUGE batch of chicken salad. More than Forrest and I can eat alone. Is God nudging me to fix a feast for the family when they come visit for the birth of my son? Surely it won't be THAT soon (or will it?!). All I know is there's a honkin' BIG bowl of chicken salad that's yummy-licious in my fridge... and no way both Forrest and I can clean it up on our own. What's next?! Potato Salad.... hmmmmmmmm.... must..... fight.... urges..... GAH!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Erika said...

Have you tried Peapod? They might deliver to your area. I did it only once but it was worth it (my in-laws made fun of me too much to continue...just one more example of what a terrible wife I am, what you couldn't even go to the grocery store?)

Kristin said...

OMG, I could die for some chocolate chip cookies! I've been fighting the temptation to open the "Joy of Cooking" book & make every cookie in there. I don't because I know I would eat them all & Bill wouldn't have a clue that I was baking when he would come from work :)
Sounds like you're having fun though!

Reesh said...

Oh my oh my, I so hope you are about to go into labour, cause what a great start to your labour story!! Mmmmm chocolate chip cookies would be lovely right now and that chicken salad sounds delish! Good luck with everything, I'll be checking in on ya for updates...

Beth Fish said...

I had Giant/Peapod deliver for several weeks after Mia was born and it was great. You order online and they bring everything right into your kitchen. Not as much selection as they have in the stores, but since all you are eating is frozen pizza anyway it hardly matters.

suzspeaks said...

You are cracking me up! Just enjoy the time that you have to bake/cook right now!! I'd love a chocolate chip cookie right now!!
You will know when it is real..although, I was induced, we went in one time when we thought it was happening...and were sent home. It is SO confusing/exciting/tiring/fun/painful/emotional...just get ready!! I hope you have a great night!

K. said...

Reading this post I would say that you are more than a little nervous about your impending L&D?? I have been there. And really, there is nothing to be worried about.

Erika said...

I want some chicken salad now.