Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Fun while dodging contractions....

Yes, Yes, you read the title correctly. The doctors seem to have officially declared me "full term" and won't stop the contractions anytime soon. Thankfully, they aren't completely regular, but there have been a few that I'd label "biaches" simply because they were very uncomfortable. In the meantime, I'm finding ways to distract myself.

The other day I went to Chris's site, and read his post on the top ten trivia tips about Rude Cactus, and learned that tradition allows women to propose to Rude Cactus only during leap years. Then, I went to Mr. Big Dubya's site today, and learned that the condom was originally made from Mr. Big Dubya. As disturbing as all of that may seem, I decided to see for myself what the top ten trivia tips about Two Pink Lines was...

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Two Pink Lines!

  1. Michelangelo finished his great statue of Two Pink Lines in 1504, after eighteen months work.
  2. Women shoplift four times more frequently than Two Pink Lines.
  3. Never store Two Pink Lines at room temperature.
  4. Ninety-six percent of all candles sold are purchased by Two Pink Lines.
  5. In the 1600s, tobacco was frequently prescribed to treat headaches, bad breath and Two Pink Lines.
  6. Abraham Lincoln, who invented Two Pink Lines, was the only US president ever granted a patent!
  7. Two Pink Lines will always turn right when leaving a cave!
  8. Two Pink Lines is incapable of sleep!
  9. Two Pink Lines was first grown in America by the grandmother Maria Ann Smith, from whom her name comes!
  10. By tradition, a girl standing under Two Pink Lines cannot refuse to be kissed by anyone who claims the privilege!
I am interested in - do tell me about


I particularly like number 8 because it is SO true. And if anyone is interested in buying some candles... let me know :)

1 comment:

Reesh said...

Keep those contractions coming, cause man I wish I did when they happened to me at 35 weeks, this waiting is almost unbearable...