Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Totally forgot to tell y'all...

Today, I had my 36 week checkup. We were going through the motions, I went and peed in the cup, came back, the nurse called my name, and then weighed me. I've never met this nurse before, but she's SUPER careful to get the EXACT weight right. Normally, they just push it until it looks like it's gonna balance and write that down. No, this woman sat there for a good 3 minutes getting the thing to balance just right. Then... horrors of horrors... SHE READ MY WEIGHT OUT LOUD FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO HEAR!!!!!! I wanted to kill her. I can read, lady.... I see that my weight is very high, much higher than I ever wanted it... and THANK YOU!!!!!! for telling the world how heavy I am. If that wasn't the worst part, when we got back to the exam room, she was like, "So.... you're 35 weeks and 6 days?" To which I looked blankly back at her and said, "Um, No... check again... I'm 36 weeks and 1 day." stupid woman. At that, she checked her little wheelie thingy that tells her how many weeks and days I am, AS IF I DON'T KNOW HOW FAR ALONG I AM!!!! I'm down to counting the HOURS you nimwhit, you think I'd LIE about how far I am?! *rolls eyes* Thankfully, the rest of the appointment went smoothly, and everything checked out normally. :)

Update on the contractions? Yeah, they're strong little boogers, and they're coming about every 5 minutes, but not so strong I can't talk through them..... yet. Supposedly that's when I'm to call my doctor, so we'll see. My luck, these puppies will abate come bedtime, and it's back to ground zero for tomorrow. We'll let you know....

2 comments:

K. said...

Ooo, I'm so excited for you! You are going to be holding your little one very soon..... ;)

VHMPrincess said...

Let us know what goes on -if you're giving birth, GOOD LUCK!