Friday, July 08, 2005

7 weeks and 5 days

Symptoms
-same as yesterday


Yesterday was pretty intense. The news coming out of London was shocking, and took me back to 9/11. Sometimes I wonder the wisdom of bringing a child into such a crazy world where people feel that the solution to their problems is the mass murder of innocents. We watched a special on ABC last night, and I was appalled that, at the end of the show, they showed one of the victims of the underground bombings having CPR performed on him. It was sickening. I cannot tell you how much that bothered me. I know that things like that happen in the world, but to broadcast that image to the millions of people watching seems... like too much. I couldn't sleep last night for the thought of that young man, who was probably going to work, or touring London, and suddenly, in the blink of an eye, his life was gone. All because a small group of people decided that Blair and Bush's policy in Iraq and Afghanistan sucks. Trust me, I agree, it sucks, but at no time EVER will I EVER decide to hurt innocent people. People who had nothing to do with the decisions made for their nation.

Anyways, moving on. I hope that I can provide my child security and safety, as well as communicate a message of love for those who hate us. Yes, you read that right. We need to love those who committ terrible acts of terrorism around the world. It's hard to find that kind of love within our own persons, but if we look at the example of Christ, how can I hate them? God loves everyone, no matter what they have done. No matter how misguided they are, we should try to find it in ourselves to love them as well.

What would happen in a world where our response to such acts of terrorism was love, and not revenge??

No comments: