Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Stuck in my head

Great... I've got the corniest, cheesiest dumb song stuck in my head. At the mall this morning, while checking e-mail and watching Shepherd run crazy around the play area (seriously folks, I'm in love with this play area) they played Hungry Eyes, and now I cannot get the song unstuck. Between that and this weekend's movie rental, Children of Men, everything seems to get stuck in the quagmire of my mind. (That movie, by the way, one of the best I've seen in a long, LONG time)

My brain is just a bog right now, and forming intelligent thought requires so much mental energy (that I don't have), I'm often reduced to sounding just like Gomer Pyle. In fact, I believe this post is the most intelligent thing I've said in the past 48 hours. As a result, I've been particularly down lately. With my brain fried and with Shepherd showing strong preference for other people when they're around (he refuses to be held by me if daddy is home), I feel a tad useless around here. I know this will all change come September, and I'll be needed around the clock by a tiny little newborn.

At least I have managed to do something productive. Last night, I sewed my own sling. I found the design online (Jan Andrea's Sling Ring), ordered the proper safety rings, picked out some fabric at a local store, and made my own sling! I was quite proud of myself, especially when I was able to use it with Shepherd this morning. :) Makes me that much more excited about the baby coming. I may actually attempt to sew a few more slings, for extras or for friends, as it was nice to actually use my mind at something for a change.

Well, I need to get Shepherd home for a nap... hope you all are having a wonderful day!! (Hey, if you could, make sure your blogger profile allows e-mails, and if not, and you comment, let me know your e-mail addy so that I can respond to your comments).

2 comments:

Kat said...

Can we see a pic of your sling?

Anonymous said...

I wish I had seen your post earlier today. I just bought a sling from a girl I know who makes them. It was only 20 bucks, but still... I think now I'll try to make one too. The thought hadn't even occured to me that I might be able to find a pattern online. Anyway, thanks! Let us know how Shepherd likes it.