Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ramblings

Okay, so I've reached the point in my pregnancy where I'm starting to show. Overnight, it seemed as though my belly has exploded, and with it has come the increasing uncomfortableness. Chasing Shepherd has become a chore, and picking him up isn't much fun either. However, when I have moments like this, alone, with Shepherd asleep, I'm quite fond of the little bump, and can hardly motivate myself to do anything other than veg out on the couch and watch TV. I know that right now, I need to fix dinner (or at least get started) or vacumn, or dust, or clean the bathrooms, or do SOMETHING productive, since Shepherd keeps me from doing such things when he's awake. I could blog during these times, but seriously, that involves way too much thought and effort, so I'm surprised I even got a post up today.

I'm way behind on Shepherd's monthly letter (he'll be 15 months before I know it). Part of me doesn't know what to say, because, seriously, there is SO MUCH TO SAY! He's into everything, running, climbing, talking, signing... the whole shibang. His favorite signs right now are "outside", "cat", "dog", "shoes", "more", "food", and just recently, he added "moon". He's babbling up a storm, and can now say dada, mom, cat, dog, shoe, food, tree, moon, uh-oh, night-night (only if prompted), hi, bye, fish, nose, eye, ear (we think), yay, grandaddy (only it sounds more like dada with some garble at the front), and his favorite word, "That". It's so amazing how fast he's learning. I showed him the sign for shoe yesterday (he already knew the word), and he went on to talk about shoes all day long, pointing at his shoes, at my shoes, pulling my shoes off, or hauling our shoes across the house. In fact, there are currently 4 pairs of our shoes in the living room that I should probably put away, but... nahhh... :) T

his morning, he woke up in a bright and cheerful mood, asking for food almost right away... which, how do you other moms do it? I feel so lost for ideas of what to feed my son. Usually, I scramble an egg, and then give him some fruit. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut with the whole food thing. Lunchtime is the same problem. I know he'll eat a hot dog (all beef only) and more fruit, but I cannot seem to get him to eat any veggies. Green beans? gross... Peas? perfect for throwing... Carrots? gross... Asparagus? fat chance... About the only veggie I can get him to eat is technically not a veggie... an avocado... and those suckers are pricey!!! Any suggestions on mealtimes to make my life a little easier!?!

I promise I'll get some new pictures uploaded soon, including one of the ever growing belly. I just need the proper motivation...

3 comments:

Sleepynita said...

I make LittleMan balls of mashed sweet potatoes, and he LOVES cucumbers.

Reesh said...

I think I must be the luckiest mom around, cause Lily eats what I eat, which is all fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. She downs her green smoothies every morning and shares my salad with me for lunch. I'm afraid I don't have much advice, except to keep trying, cause those greens are mighty important. Have you tried the green smoothies? There is a link to an easy recipe on my sidebar if you want. Most toddlers and babies seem to gobble them right up!

adriennejackson at g mail dot com said...

i'm really lucky, too. matthew loves food in general. steamed broccoli slathered in grated cheese is a definitely fav. i find adding cheese (even it's a lot) to anything will prompt my boy to eat.