Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bark, Bark, Bark

Okay, so I'm not a dog, nor do I have a dog, but that's the noise echoing through the halls of our home these last few days. Shepherd seems to have come down with a nasty case of Croup that's afforded copious amounts of snot. His cough is fine during the day, it's during the night and early morning that my poor baby sounds like he's hacking up his left lung. Granted, I know we're fortunate, because he's able to sleep well still, and doesn't have trouble breathing, so that's good. It's just that my heart breaks every time I hear him cough. The other thing is that he's just not feeling well either. He's fussier than normal, and cries at the smallest things. Poor guy cried this morning because the ball he was holding rolled away. Normally, he'd just chase it, yet today, he stuck his bottom lip out, and let it quiver a little bit before the crocodile tears streamed down his face.

I just hope he starts feeling better soon, because we're traveling to see family in NC tomorrow, and nothing short of another appendectomy is going to keep me from going. We're so excited because we get to see both Forrest's family and my famiy!! Then, to top things off, Forrest's dad is flying up here for New Years, which will be a blast!! :) After that, Forrest's brother is getting married January 6, so we'll be headed down to Georgia for the wedding. We've got a crazy couple of weeks, so if you don't hear much from me, don't fret. I'll try to post pictures from time to time because, I mean, come ON... Shepherd's first Christmas!!!

Anyways... hope you guys have a great hoiday and a happy new year!!! Thank you all for your support and your kind words over the last few years. It has meant so much to me and carried me through some pretty tough times. Many hugs and much love to all of you...

Merry Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, the upside with travelling with a sick kid is that they sleep more.