Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Oh, what joy!!!


Well, I would have thought today would be a bad day, giving the morning. But I must have redeemed myself, because Shepherd and I had the most fun day ever! We played all day, and tried to go to the part twice, but he fell asleep both times, so I just went home and sat in the parking lot, waiting on him to finish his nap, and quietly enjoyed some good ol' NPR.

We played hard... so he should sleep well tonight. We pulled all the pans out of the cabinet, and banged 'em around. Then some tupperwear. Then, I found an old Pampers box, so I put him in it and slid him down the hallway. He loved that. And when he was tired, he was cuddly. When his teeth hurt, he would sit in my lap and throw his head back, crying, to let me know that "this hurts mom!!" When I read him a book, he sat quietly in my lap, and didn't grab for the book once. It was as though he really wanted me to read it. We worked on his signs, and he's almost got the sign for food/eat down. He even quasi-clapped his hands! I noticed he had one hand in a fist, and the other was trying to make contact and successfully doing so.

All in all, it was a great day. A wonderful day, capped off with me rocking him to sleep tonight. My precious little angel, sleeping sweetly in my arms.

Oh, what joy!!

4 comments:

Bunny said...

What a wonderful day of playing!
(He is doing signs??? My baby girl is one month younger...she doesn't do signs yet! We will get right on that!)

Anonymous said...

How nice is that? One to remember, for sure...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good day ~ I could use some of your energy if you feel like sending me some. :)

Erin said...

Awesome. It's such a pleasant surprise when you get a day like that. Those can help push you through the hard & frustrating days. Lately it seems like it rains EVERY SINGLE DAY that I'm off work. Which is a total bummer since being outside playing is so much more fun.