Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Update

I realize it's been forever since I updated... part of that is due to the fact that we were out of town again this past weekend for a wedding in NC. Also part of the fact is that Shepherd has been an incredibly grumpy, Grumpy Gus, demanding that I hold him or entertain him or else he will summon demons from the depths with his piercing screams and cries. You try blogging when demons are being summoned.

Anyways, so I have a brief window here to type, as Shepherd is being entertained by the excersaucer. The only way this is making him happy is that I'm a terrible mother, and gave him a bath a second ago. Now, why the bath when I know he'll hate me? It was absolutely necessary. And no... not in the "I want my child to look his best for his little friend today for lunch" kind of clean. More like the "running from the room in sheer horror while I hold my son out from my body as Mt. Vesuvius errupts from his diaper" kind of clean. Y'all, the horror of this incident was astounding. Try as I may to clean my son up, it resulted in poop on me, poop on the cleaning table, poop in Shepherd's hair, poop every where... and left me gagging... yes... gagging, trying to clean it up. So yeah, that's why he had a bath when he's super grumpy. So now? The excersaucer doesn't look too bad to him, so he's happy for at least another 3.4 minutes.

As soon as I locate my camera cord, I'll upload some pictures from the weekend, and maybe tonight I'll get a chance to actually blog about something other than poop. And maybe show you a picture of the TWO TEETH my son has.... *ensue the mad screaming as we run in circles* The two teeth that he decided last night belonged firmly in the bosom of his mother, and left me howling from pain. Not good nursing behavior. Anyways... I'd better go... the demons are being summoned again....

2 comments:

Bri said...

Don't worry about the biting - he'll stop once the novelty of having teeth wears off - in the mean time - comfort yourself knowing that he won't mimick your cursing - yet :)

Nadine said...

Heh :) I SO recognize the poop everywhere part. Tim likes to launch it into his room when I'm changing his diaper.