Thursday, June 22, 2006

Slacker

Sorry for the lack of bloggin' lately, I've been way distracted by preparing for our beach trip. Who knew that taking a kid on a week long vacation would take so much time in preparation? Oh, you did? There in the back? Why didn't you warn me?! Jerk!

Anyways, so all week, I've been making lists, packing, and sorting things to take to the beach. I'm taking Beth and Chris' suggestion, and read The Ha-Ha while at the beach. I went ahead and started it (just to suck me in early), and already, it's awesome. I'm also taking Jimmy Carter's latest book, Our Endagered Values and Anne Lamott's book,Blue Shoe. I'm excited about that last one because Anne Lamott rocks my face off (no, really, she does). If you have a chance to read her other books, Traveling Mercies and Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith, I'm sure you'll be blown away at what she has to say. She's totally not what you'd expect from a Christian woman, being pro-choice, anti-Bush, and in general, very, very, very radical. I *heart* Anne Lamott, and would give her a big fat kiss if I saw her. But yes, I'm taking 3 books... because I'm good like that, and I'm a fast reader. Anyways... moving on.

So, after assembling my books, I gathered a few DVD's, you know, in case it rains or something... Forrest got the first season of Boston Legal, which should make for some good boob-tube watching. Then, of course, my favorite... Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of Friends. Not that we'll watch all of it, but man, it's good to have around when the conversation turns to politics and we're near blows... :) But that won't happen, right?! No... we're a perfect American family, and we all vote the same way (BWAH!!!!!!!)

And then of course, you've got the baby equipment, which, we won't even go there... and the beach chairs, and yada yada yada... you've got the car packed to the hilt.

My question... should you choose to answer it, is this:

What are some good summertime/beach songs? I'm trying to come up with a playlist to have down there, and so far? Just some Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley... oh, and this one song by Shakira that I can't get out of my head (sorry to those of you who don't like it, but honestly? I love that song). Do you have any summer favorites?! PuLEASE let me know because right now our playlist is pretty lame.

3 comments:

justin said...

anything by the beach boys! especially off the album 'pet sounds'

yaay beach!!

VHMPrincess said...

I love that song and it is on my playlist!

Anonymous said...

I know this is too late, but there's this one Sheryl Crow song (I know you know it) that is perfect for summer. Always makes me think of sitting by the pool.

Oh, book reading on the beach is AWESOME. So jealous!