Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Support Group Lesson #2

Your son will, and can embarrass you in front of 20 other mothers and babies... even though he's only 8 weeks old.

Yes... I was embarrassed. Yesterday, on my way to the support group, Shepherd stunk the car up with one of his usual car-ride poops. I laughed, he laughed, and I figured I'd just change his diaper when we got there. We got there, and I changed his diaper (in front of everyone because, you know... they're moms too, and everyone else is doing it!). Exactly one minute after he has his clean diaper on.... I should pause here and give some back story. Shepherd has been in between diaper sizes. He was wearing size 1 magnificantly, but has been leaking lately. I've switched him at home, but hadn't switched the diapers in his diaper bag. Which was okay, because I'd figured... he'd already pooped. Anyways... back to the story. A minute after having his clean diaper on, he got this HUGE grin on his face, and proceeded to poop SO LOUD that the PRESIDENT could have heard it (and I'm sure our president would have giggled and all because he's kinda like that). The loudness wasn't what bothered me. What bothered me was when I opened his diaper.

GOOD. HEAVENLY. SAVIOR. The sheer amount of crap was mind boggling. And it? was EVERY-WHERE.

So I have to strip my son completely naked, wipe him down (successfully using all my diaper wipes), and put a fresh, size one diaper on him, the whole time muttering under my breath that so help me, if he pooped in that diaper, he was wearing it all the way home. Thankfully, I had an extra onsie packed to change him into, but again, it was too small. See, he's also between sizes. Some clothes he can still wear 0-3 months, and others? not so much. So my son ended up wearing a very tight onesie for the rest of the support group meeting.

I guess the moral to this story is, if your son is in between diapers, for the love of all things good, don't try to stretch out that last pack of diapers. Completely give in and put him in the next size up. Otherwise? You end up with baby crap everywhere...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy perils! I bought my 6 week old babe some 0-3 mo. and mostly 3-6 mo. onesies and outfits. Because they grow oh so fast! Plus clothes will last a lil longer between buys. Just a tip of the trade, I suppose a tad bit late.

Unknown said...

LOL!!! Baby Girl has the LOUDEST projectile poops, it cracks me up. I had a similar experience, I forgot to put a newborn diaper in the diaper bag and all I had was a size 1 and it was huge on her. Oops!!

Anonymous said...

Shepherd,

Go get 'em Tiger! You got poopy power!