Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Again with the Screaming

The past few days, Shepherd has had trouble with his gastro track. This is the sort of thing he'll kill me for blogging about one day. Every time the spirit hits him, and he feels "moved", he screams bloody murder. Poor thing spent most of his waking hours last night crying and screaming through farts and poop... or at least the attempt at poop. He's gone from a regular sort of guy to a once a day kind of guy, and this has us worried. Thankfully, my pediatricians office will see him today, and we can find out what's going on, and get the kinks worked out in his system.

Sidenote: HOLY CRAP! My son just actually grabbed the starfish on his swing and held on to it for a little bit!!!!!!! Very impressive!

Anyways, I'm trying my best not to worry about every single little problem that comes up because I realize that babies cry... babies get gas... babies get constipated. I just don't want to ignore anything that might indicate a problem. (If you knew me, you know that I have a history of being mildly hypochondriatic, something I've spent years trying to overcome, and desperately don't want to pass on to my son.) For the most part, I realize that we have a healthy little boy, and there's nothing to worry about. It's just the mommy in me hates to see him scream and cry in pain with the gas... Well, he's starting up again... better go!

3 comments:

Avorie said...

Oh, that must be heartbreaking. I can't stand it when Lilly cries as if something hurts.

Isabel said...

I can't even imagine. I hope your doctor can give you some good advice today.

Good luck!

Reesh said...

Lily does the same thing and it started around 3 weeks as well. I have since then changed my diet to omit all acidic foods and wheat and dairy and this has helped quite a bit. Today we are taking her to a craniosacral therapist as we have been told it works wonders on babies like ours. I will write a post afterward to let everyone know how it turns out.