Thursday, February 16, 2006

Still Nothin'

Yep, had a doctors appointment this morning and nada... no change from last week. Still 1 cm, 50%. Wahoo! They're scheduling an induction in case our little one decides not to come in time, because already we can tell it's a big baby. So, at the very latest, we'll be induced next Thursday or Friday. We'll know soon enough.

Speaking of having a baby, Forrest had a dream last night that we had ours, and that it was a girl! And we were frantically searching for names for the girl because all along we'd thought it was a boy. Now, I've had 2 sonograms that both confirmed my baby to be a boy... but what are the chances that it was an umbilical stump or a thumb or something altogether different. Now I'm a little freaked that we're having a girl, and all these boy clothes won't do a bit of good! I guess we'll know soon enough, eh? If it is a girl, I think Forrest and I have a backup name picked out... but we'll see.

My current offer of cookies doesn't seem to be producing anything so Forrest and I have upped the anti... If he arrives on his own before the weekend's over, we've promised to look into buying one of these two vehicles for him to ride around in... Maybe not right away, but as soon as we can afford it....

A Honda Element in Orange...


Or a Saturn Vue in Orange or Green (my choice is green, Forrest likes orange)...


My doctor had a god point... girls will come for cookies or chocolate. Boys... will come for cars. :) Let's hope our plan works...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I worry that we're having a boy instead of a girl, because we have SO MANY freaking pink clothes! That seems to be all anyone is giving us! :)

Isabel said...

Hey, if it's a girl...you can just ship me all the boy clothes you have!! :-)

Avorie said...

I'm glad you were able to schedule an induction. At least you know you'll have your little boy by that date if not sooner.

I also worried that the baby would turn out to be a boy and everything I had was pink. She was a girl though.