Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Busy Little Bee

I had hoped to have blogged more this week, but we've been super busy. Forrest leaves for Boston tomorrow, and I leave for North Carolina. I've been doing laundry, cleaning up, packing, and making sure that we have everything we need for the trips. Last night, we received an unexpected call from Forrest's uncle, who was in town on business in DC. He wanted to take us to dinner, and who are we to refuse dinner with family!?! We dined at Blackies in DC, which... was... FABULOUS. I haven't had food that good in... well since our honeymoon, eating at Blue Point Bar and Grill in Duck, NC. But still... it was wonderful. I'm still full this morning as we had appetizers, entrees, and then, dessert. Shrimp cocktail with mango, avocado and thai salsa, Filet topped with mushrooms, sitting on a potato cake, with sauteed vegetables, and finally, vanilla custard creme brule. I'm getting hungry remembering it...
And the best part of the night?!?! Witnessing 4 extremely old people (we're talking 80's or 90's) cram into the backseat of a yellow cab in DC. The oldest man was sitting on what I presume was his wife's lap. It. was. HYSTERICAL!!! So good food, good laughs, and a good nights sleep. WHat more can I ask for? Oh... for the trips to already be here and over because I won't see Forrest for like... 5 days!!! that's the longest we've ever been apart *pout* Oh well... I'll try to post more later this week if I get a chance. :)

No comments: