Monday, August 06, 2007

Hot and Hott

So last week, while hanging out with some friends at Starbucks, I was suddenly struck by the urge to, well... you know, potty. I get up, and there in the seat is the most beautiful ass-print of sweat. I'm totally rocking the ass-sweat look these days, it's HOTT!

I bring this up because it's a relatively new thing to me, this butt sweat thing. I've poured over my archives with my first pregnancy, and nowhere do I mention the massive amounts of sweat that pour out of my body. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that my 9th month being pregnant was in January, and this time around, it's smack dab in the middle of August. Not only so, but it is HOT outside. This week temperatures are supposed to soar into the upper 90's (Wednesday, 98 degrees... heat index 104) (I'm sweating right now just thinking about it).

It's so hot, that I'm only taking cold showers now, and even those I'm dreading because I have to blow dry my hair. Yes, I have to. Otherwise, it'd be days before my hair would dry, and even then, it develops this funky smell and feel to it. So on the days that I do shower (which isn't often enough) (I know, you were just DYING to know that) my internal thermostat gets so out of whack that I can't seem to get cool. Just last week, I almost passed out at church from the heat... even though everyone else said it was rather cold in the building. The doctor checked me out Monday and said he thought it was a combination of heat, the baby not dropping and sitting in my ribcage, and sitting down that did it, so no more Sunday morning showers for me.
In other news, the baby seems to have dropped. We'll find out Friday if any progress is being made, but I've had some pretty rough Braxton Hicks contractions, accompanied by some wonderful pelvic pain from the baby engaging. I keep hoping that I'll be a little early, but then I realize that these last few weeks are the last weeks that Shepherd will have my full attention... so I'm trying to give him 100% attention and do as much as I can with him, which is getting harder and harder to do, being 9 months pregnant and all.

Well, I'm going to go curl up in front of the fan on our bed and take a quick nap while the little man is down for his. I'd better enjoy the rest while I can!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had 2 babies in July--I SO know how you feel. I did avoid drying my hair, just because the heat from the blowdryer made me feel faint.

Avorie said...

Oh man! I cannot even imagine! Poor thing. I hope you have this baby soon!