Sunday, August 26, 2007

Home!

We're home!!! We were discharged yesterday around 11 am, allowing us to settle in at home. Shepherd is adjusting well to the "bee-bee" and loves running up to her and rubbing her hair, saying "hay!" over and over. Last night, I knelt down beside Shepherd's high chair with Colette so that he could get a better look at her. He grabbed a piece of cheese and tried offering it to her. I smiled, thanked him, and told him Colette couldn't eat cheese yet... that she only drinks milk. He put the cheese back, grabbed his sippy cup, and tried to give it to her. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen, and I totally lost it crying. :)

So we're home... hopefully, I'll get cranking on the birth story soon. :) Thanks for all of your well wishes and congratulations. They truly mean the world to us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw... that's so sweet! He's a cute little boy. I can't wait to see some pictures of that daarling baby girl too. Hope you're week goes well and that you get settled in at home nicely. Congratulations!

VHMPrincess said...

Congrats! I'm running late, but so happy for you!

Reesh said...

Yes Lily is often trying to give her food to Nadia which is also very sweet. Once Nadia is old enough to eat food I don't think I'll have to do much of the feeding myself with our handy little helper around!!

Congrats again...

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I saw the photos over on Flickr--she's adorable!

When Nicky was about 3 weeks old, Drew "shared" and stuck a popsicle in his mouth. It didn't seem to hurt him any, but he sure didn't like it much!

Sheila said...

I can't wait to read the birth story and see more pictures. Daughters are awesome! :o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Kat said...

I don't know if I have offered my congratulations yet but here it is. Adorable that Shepherd offered his sippy cup.

Cathy said...

Congratulations! She's so cute! I love the name Colette! Shepherd will be a great big bro :)