Wednesday, February 07, 2007


Our little mechanic

Good news, folks! I'm actually eating again... and not getting sick! I finally sucked it up and asked the doctor for some mild medication for the nausea. I only take it once a day (it's recommended for up to 4 times a day) and that seems to have helped a LOT so far. In fact, last night, I started with the cravings. Actually, they started Sunday at our friends Super Bowl party. One of the guys brought this heavenly french onion dip. I must have eaten half of the dip and chips. That, and they had some cans of coke. I had a coke and it immediately settled my stomach. I'd been avoiding them because of the caffeine, but my doctor suggested that I try one every now and then for my stomach. She seemed to think it might help. Which... it does, but now I'm craving coke, Ruffles, and french onion dip all the time!!!

In other news, I was getting ready for bed last night, and finally, around 11 (I know, it was way too late to be up), I just HAD it with my kitchen. So I got down on my knees and scrubbed the floors. I scrubbed because there was junk encrusted on our floor that I don't even KNOW what it was. Once I scrubbed the floors, I scrubbed the stove... then the counters... then cleaned all the junk off of our table! So today, I woke up to a nice, clean, kitchen. Do you have any idea what that feels like? That, and the laundry is done (thanks to the local laundromat where I did 5 loads of laundry in the time it takes to do one load at home). The only thing I need to do is clean the bathrooms and vacumn the entire house. Any volunteers??

I will say, I've been in a much better mood these past few days. I knew that this day would come, it just felt like it took forever. I actually have energy to play with Shepherd, I have a little energy left at the end of the day to attempt to cook dinner. It's amazing what a difference a single pill can make. :)

The only downside is that Shepherd is now cutting his bottom molars. So the poor guy is miserable. I finally got my fingers back in his mouth and felt the bulging of the molars. Poor guy! Makes me so sad. Last night, he cried and fussed for an hour solid before Forrest got home. Nothing I did helped. It wasn't until Forrest got home, and we started signing for "bath" that he got excited and quit fussing. So, while Forrest gave him a bath and put him to bed, I took a much needed break and made a run to the grocery store. It's amazing how frayed your nerves can get with an hour of your child crying. I hadn't been to the store in a while (other than for basic necessities) as I hadn't felt well enough to eat anything. But last night, it was all I could do to not buy the entire store out. I did purchase some french onion dip. I balanced my junk food purchase with a bunch of bananas. Shepherd would eat bananas all the live long day if I let him, so we go through them pretty fast.

Anyways... after shopping, I came home, where Forrest and I sat down and watched a few of my Friends DVDs. I'd forgotten how nice it is to just sit and watch Friends without commercials, and to just enjoy cuddling on the couch with my hubby (I haven't been much of a cuddler with the sick tummy). I'm so glad things are starting to turn around... hopefully, Shepherd will start feeling better, and all will be wonderful!!! :)


Anonymous said...

My boys will come vacuum for you. It's their favorite thing--they vacuum my carpets nearly every day. :-)

Glad you're feeling better!

Avorie said...

Oh! I'm so glad you have medicine and are feeling better. I bet you're on zofran. It's a wonder drug, huh?

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I remember morning sickness... it was horrible.

Reesh said...

You sound so much more positive!! I am so glad you are feeling better.

Lisa said...

Ahh the nesting. I rmember those days so well. I would do the exact same thing but sometimes I would get up for a midnight snack and stay up till 2 am detailing the fridge. I wish I had that energy now but with a 3 monther and 3 yr old its not happening.