Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Busy, Busy, Bumblebee

I realize it's been a while since I posted. The thing is that it's nearly impossible to get a moment to sit down at the computer and type anything these days. Shepherd is cruising (and by cruising, I don't just mean pulling up, I mean full out walking up and down the sofa, around the playpen edge, and from wall to chair and back again). Not only is he cruising, but he's gotten quite fast at crawling, and loves to explore our tiny little apartment. So the playpen is seen as a minion of satan, and he refuses to stay put in there for long. On top of all of this, he's spending a lot of time working on standing independently. Don't believe me... fine, here's your proof:

A tad awkward, but ya know, he stands like that for at least 10 seconds


The child is not even 9 months old, y'all. I can't handle this. I. can't. handle. it!!!!

Anyways, now that I've explained my absense, I guess I could talk about what's been going on with us. We've had family in and out this past week, and it has been wonderful. It started out with my mom coming up last week, which was WONDERFUL. I miss my mom so much. I never realized how close we were until we moved away. We had fun just hanging out, shopping, and of course, playing with Shepherd. Then, on Friday, after she left, my father-in-law came into town. We spent the weekend with him, and had a blast. He hadn't seen Shepherd since July, and was just amazed at how much he'd grown. We spent some time in DC walking around the national mall. All in all, it was a great weekend... enjoy the photos!! :)





3 comments:

Erin said...

Awww! I love the photos. But holy smokes, I don't envy you having a WALKING CHILD at 9 months! Maybe if he learned to walk early, that means he'll learn to follow instructions early too? Here's hoping...

Anonymous said...

you guys look so great! so happy to know that you're doing well. boy do i miss the color of the leaves like that! you just don't get that here....

Anonymous said...

I remember being paranoid when Claudia wasn't walking yet at a year. Then she started walking and I couldn't remember why I wanted her to walk so much.

The same goes for talking.