Friday, March 17, 2006

Memories

Since I have nothing clever to write about today, I figured that I'd allow you, the reader, to share with us a funny story of you while you were in college (or if you didn't go to college, while you were in your late teens/early twenties). Me? I think my best story shows how naive I was early on in college...

I had this awful, terrible, no good, very bad roommate. She cursed like a sailor, listened to hard core punk rock, and was generally very, very mean. We were actually friends before we roomed together, but then she started yelling at me, and cursing me out every single day. A lot of my education in curse words happened in that one short semester. One day, she said a word that I'd never heard. I can't remember the context in which she used it, but the word? Twat. I'll let those of you who don't know the definition of that word google it... I'm not about to. Anyways... I asked her what it meant, and she said it meant your butt. That should have been the end of it, but was it? Noooooo....
A few days later, I was going to hang out with some friends in the lobby of our dorm. Everyone from my floor was there (co-ed floor), and my best guy friend was sitting there hanging out. Thinking I'd be cool and use a new word that I'd learned, I walked up to Ted and said, "Mind if I sit my twat right here?" and sat down on his lap. I knew something was wrong the moment the room went completely silent. I looked at Ted, and his eyes were wide open, and he was turning a million shades of red. My friend Laina asked me what I said, and like an idiot... I repeated it. The room erupted into laughter, while Laina continued, "Corinne, do you know what that means?" "No," I said, "I thought it meant 'butt'." To my horror, she explained to me what it meant, all the while, I'm frozen sitting on Ted's lap. When she was done, I took one look at Ted, still wide eyed and red-faced, took a look around the very full lobby, and ran to my room crying. In hindsight, that's probably the funniest thing and the most embarrassing thing to happen to me, but I have to laugh at myself.

What about you? What's your most embarrassing/funny story from college? Don't be shy!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

The first thing that comes to mind is when I was standing in a circle of people in theater/drama class. We had to tell two things about ourselves, whether they were true or lies, it didn't matter. I told truthes, I worked in a bakery and I had two tatoos. At the last admission everyone burst into laughter like I as lying. I just stood there looking at them trying to figure out what about me made that so unbelievable.

Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

OMG - thanks for sharing - I'm somewhat comforted to know these things don't just happen to me!

Kristin said...

That is hillarious!
My most embarrasing school moment was my freshman year in highschool. I was in biology class & we had a class rabbit. I had him out on our table petting away & talking to my friends. The next thing I know, the rabbit pees all over the table, my books, my papers & me. For the rest of the day I was known as "The girl the rabbit peed on".