Monday, March 20, 2006

Marketplace Monday #5

Last night, in the middle of the night, I was trying to think of what I could post for today's marketplace. After feeding Shepherd, and changing his diaper, it came to me. It's wonderful fragrance (note: sarcasm!) has permiated our home... yet, it has become a lifesaver.
Desitin

Shepherd had developed quite a nasty diaper rash. We'd been using Boudreaux's Butt Paste but the diaper rash wasn't healing as fast as we'd like. So I went out and bought this stuff. Granted, the stuff smells to high heavens (like old people), but it works. 2 days later, and his diaper rash is almost all clear. The only problem is this stuff is like wallpaper paste, and impossible to get off your hands. Seriously, I spent 5 minutes last night trying to get the stuff out from under my nails, and even when I was done, my hands still smelled like old people. But to those of you out there expecting babies soon? Get you some of this... you might think your child will be perfect and not have any sort of diaper rash, but trust me... they will....

4 comments:

Erika said...

Is there a difference between Balmex and Desitin, oh experienced ones??

Kristin said...

Corrine you're so right that Desitine works wonders (but smells gross, I agree). And Erika, I think there is a difference. Desitine is better, much better. I got a sample of Lansinoh Clean & Condition Cloths. I love them, since we've been using them I haven't had to use Desitin at all. You can find them at Target & Walmart.

Isabel said...

I have been given like 5 different brands of diaper rash cream and have no idea about any of them. I guess I'll try them all and see what happens.

Thanks for your (much needed) advice!

Anonymous said...

Squirt on the paste and smear around using the diaper. This keeps it off of your hands.