Friday, February 17, 2006

Birthday Gift

If it wasn't enough that I'm married to the most gorgeous man alive, and that I love him so much that sometimes it scares me... he bought me birthday presents... and made me dinner. What did he make? You'll laugh...

Shepherd's Pie.

See? Funny isn't it? The funniest part is that this is what he makes me every year for my birthday. It's his specialty, and it's delicious. I'm just glad this year it wasn't made with real Shepherd... hahaha... Anyways...

And my gifts? For starters, I opened a bag that had a variety of small candles. I love candles. The second bag had the Bourne Identity, which I love too. It's a good action movie that I can follow, not just some glorified special effects movie. In the third bag was A Walk to Remember. I had this movie a long time ago, and a friend of mine "borrowed" it, only to never give it back. I've been very bitter since, and wish I had the movie when I want a good cry or a good romance movie. In the fourth bag (see, isn't this fun, he put them all in different bags) was a bath pillow which makes the candles make a little more sense now... and I really have been wanting one of these because how many times have you tried to put your head back, and it's so uncomfortable? The fifth gift hasn't arrived, but I know what it is... because it pulled all of the gifts together (well, not the movies, but the other things). A while ago, we were looking at something, and I saw this. I said something at the time about how cool that was... and how I'd like one, not thinking that it'd even registered with Forrest.

Yes, my husband is THAT awesome... he remembered something that I myself couldn't even remember... and I'm so excited about using my gift! The last one hasn't come in the mail yet, but it's on it's way. Until then, I can enjoy the bath pillows, the candles, and then curl up next to hubby with my big soft robe and watch one of my new movies....

It is good to be 25....

5 comments:

Isabel said...

Hey, Happy Birthday!!!

What a good husband.

(and I have that same bathtub rack and it ROCKS my World. You're gonna love it. The best thing about it?? The two seperate sides. One for my goodies and one for hubby's. See, our shampoos shall never touch!!)

VHMPrincess said...

Happy Birthday! May your day end w/the best present ever - a baby!!! Here's hoping!

suzspeaks said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you've had a good day. What a sweet husband!! And a little Shepherd on the side!

Avorie said...

Happy Birthday!!

K. said...

Happy Birthday!