Saturday, February 04, 2006

And then there were 3....

I was checking up on my fellow Pregnant blog friends, and discovered that 2 of them have had their babies (see below). So that leaves three of us waiting any day now for ours.

My son will probably follow his mother's example and procrastinate until the last minute to be born. Liza is almost full term, so will probably be going any day now (at least I've got my fingers crossed for her!). Avorie has a scheduled induction on Tuesday.

I'm so excited for all of these other new mommies, but at the same time, a wee bit jealous. I want to hold my son in my arms. I want to smell his hair. I want to just have him here so I can play with his wee toes and fingers and just fall in love with him. But I know good things come to those who wait, so I must be patient.

My mom and dad arrived last night. It's always so much fun when they visit... both of them grabbed my belly and said, "Shepherd, it's okay, you can come out now!!! Gram and Grandaddy are here!!!" Too cute!!! We'll be busy today putting up shelving in the babies room, and I'm sure mom and I will go shopping sometime today. I can't wait to get today started (yes, technically I'm awake at 7 am on a Saturday morning, but only because my hips are absolutely killing me)!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Avorie said...

Isn't all the attention from your parents just wonderful!! Even though I'm just itching to have this baby, I know I'll miss all the special care and attention I receive wherever I go.

Reesh said...

We were so in the wait mode before Lily arrived that even after she was born I still felt like I was waiting for something - very strange!! Here's hoping you get to meet little Shepherd VERY SOON!!

suzspeaks said...

I hope you had a wonderful day getting the room ready for the baby!

Unknown said...

I am SO EXCITED for you! You're almost there!!!