Sunday, February 19, 2006

39 weeks, 5 days (T minus 2 days and counting)

2:30 am - Forrest and I finally get to bed after finishing a movie and sitting around talking forever.

2:45 am - Fall Asleep

3:45 am - Wake up for my usual potty break, only to sleepily notice something unusual about said "potty break"

3:46 am - Call out to Forrest that I think I'm bleeding

3:47 am - Realize that this is what bloody show must be, and cease freaking out.

3:50 am - Back in bed, and suddenly notice the contractions for the first time.

3:51 am - Mention to a very, very sleepy Forrest that I'm having contractions, "Should I worry?" He convinces me it's probably nothing, but even if it is, I should get some sleep.

3:52 am - Lie in bed, staring out the window, mentally trying to relax during contractions. Realize that I've been tensing up against contractions, which was causing them to hurt.

4:00 am - Fall Asleep

4:00-4:45 am - Drift in and out of sleep, waking up with semi-strong contractions occasionaly, only to drift back off to sleep

4:45 am - Second bathroom break, and hey! Still have that stuff!

4:45 am-7:45 am - Sporadic sleeping interspersed with bathroom breaks.

8:00 am - Attempt to call my mother to let her know what's going on, no answer. I figure they must be at church already (Dad's a minister)

8:00-12:00 pm - Hit and miss contractions, nothing major, but still have that "stuff" going on... enough to where I'm starting to worry... Ask Forrest if I should call the doc. Decide not to for now, just because I'm sick of being a worry wart.

1:30 pm - Call doctor, and apologize for calling, but explain situation to her. She says this is perfectly normal, and reassures me. She tells me active labor should start within 24 hours. This makes Forrest very, VERY happy. It makes me happy, but slightly scared.

1:35 pm - Mom calls back to check on me. I tell her about my conversation with the doctor, and she tells me that Dad and her and talked already about maybe coming up tonight. I tell her I'm worried that I won't progress into labor, and that they will drive 5 hours for nothing. She says it's a risk they're willing to take.

1:40 PM - Call my mother-in-law to inform her of the "24-hour" prediction from doctor. She joyfully exclaims "YAY!!!" and begs us to call as soon as it looks like things are progressing. They have an 8 hour drive.

1:45 pm - Forrest calls his brother, who's super excited, and begs us not to leave him out and make sure to call him and keep him updated.

2:00 pm - Sit down to start this post, and realize that I'm finally there... finally starting something that will end with the birth of my son. And I'm very..... very....... happy :)


girl from florida said...


Matthew said...


I tell you everytime I click on your site and hold my breath!

Good luck!!!!

Suzanne said...

Yeah!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you!!! Congratulations & enjoy as much as you can.

Rude Cactus said...

Okay, I'll start pacing anytime soon. Please let me know when you start handing out the virtual cigars. Good luck :-) You guys rock...don't forget it.

VHMPrincess said...

Ok - I've started w/the mad refreshing!!!

Good luck and can't wait to hear from you again!

Avorie said...

Ohmygosh!!! How exciting! I hope it's all you dreamed of and more!! I'll be checking back frequently!