Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pampering

Today, I'd just about had it. The contractions were completely irregular, and quieting down, I was tired of laying around the house, and determined to get this child out of me! So what'd I do? I went and got a manicure and a pedicure, so when my legs are sprawled up in the air, I have pretty toenails to look at. :) Then, I went and mailed a ton of thank-you notes, then went and walked around Babies-R-Us for as long as I could handle it... then those puppies came back, so I'm back at home, enjoying a tall glass of milk, and more cookies than I should ever consume in a lifetime... :) Yummmmmmm.... I figure I'm going to go pop in my Friends, Season 5 DVD, and enjoy me some good TV. :)

7 comments:

Avorie said...

Ugh! I'm so jealous! I wish I could get my contractions going again!

Do you know how dilated or effaced you are?

Corinne said...

1 cm, and the dumb doc wouldn't tell me how effaced, just that I was still "pretty thick"... which confuses me b/c the doc last week (a different one) said I was "soft" and the baby's head was down. I don't know if it's just two docs differing points of views, or what... but *shrug*
If it makes you feel better, they haven't been regular since I posted that... which leads me to believe I shouldn't post a dadgum thing because it must jinx the labor....

Avorie said...

Oh! Don't you hate that?

Well, I hope it starts up again!! I totally feel your frustration.

Erika said...

That sounds heavenly. I am so jealous.

Elisette said...

Ah! You linked me! Thank you! And me being such a rotten commenter (as in infrequent) and link updater (I get to a few blogs regularly by hopping through other blogs, including yours... really need to update the links)

I'm touched!

And being on the post (1 year post, but dangit, STILL POST PREGNANCY) pregnancy diet, am extremely jealous of the milk and cookies. Have a few for me...

Frema said...

Season Five is one of the best! My favorite one is when Chandler and Phoebe have the romantic face off.

"When you say things like that, it makes me want to rip that sweater vest right off."

Classic. :)

Isabel said...

Good for you for getting your toes and nails done. I mean, you have to have pretty toes for labor. I think it lessens the pain!