Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Christmas 2005


My Family :)
Originally uploaded by meandscreech.
This year was a whirlwind year for us. Since next Christmas will be filled with our new lil' one, it's highly unlikely that we'll make such an attempt to go home next year. So with that in mind, we made one last trip home. And y'all... for the most part, it was wonderful!!! There was a hiccup in the middle of our trip, but nothing that we couldn't put behind us and enjoy the rest of our trip. We enjoyed lots of good food, good company, lots of laughs, and just really enjoyed seeing our family.

Several things stick out in my mind that I'd like to record here so I can look back and remember.

-Justin opening up his turntable that he's wanted for 3 years. Santa finally got him one, and he was DE-lighted. I think Forrest and I were more excited about his gift than about getting anything for ourselves.
-Daddy buying us 2 new tires for our car (the rear tires were completely bald). I had jokingly told them I didn't want anything else for Christmas but new tires, and then on Christmas Eve, he wanted to take our car for a joy-ride (not the first time this has happened) and when he came back, showed us our new tires. I actually cried.
-Spending time with my mom. Seriously, she's one of my best friends, and I just enjoy being with her so much.
-Seeing all of Forrest's cousins (including the one that was in Liberia for 3 months). I always enjoy visiting his cousins because I have none that are my age.
-Driving up to Boone. 'nuff said.
-Being IN Boone with Forrest's mom and step-dad. I always enjoy that!
-Waking up to snow in Boone.
-Forrest getting a clean bill of health at his bi-annual oncology check-up. September will be cancer-free for 5 years. Y'all have no idea how much this means to me.
-Eating at Phan's Japanese in Boone.
-Spending loads of quality time with Forrest's brother, mom, and step-dad... including watching a hysterical game of Cranium between them all.
-Coming home to NoVa. Yes, you read that right. There was something about Christmas that made me thankful that I live where I live. No doubt, I miss our family, but it is nice to have our own home, far away, that's just ours. And coming home to it was heaven. :)

3 comments:

VHMPrincess said...

Great family pic - you look fantastic!!

Erika said...

Yes, we had a great time on our trip too but coming home was the best part!!

Isabel said...

What a sweet post. I got a little tearly eyed reading it.

I am glad you guys had such a great Christmas. Being with those you love always makes it that much sweeter.

And great pic!