Friday, December 09, 2005

29 weeks, 4 days

Last night was the first night that I was able to really sleep well. The previous two nights were horrible, as Shepherd had discovered my ribcage, and was having fun burrowing his little feet up in there. Whether or not he did that last night, I have no idea, because I slept like a rock.
This week has simply flown by. I can't believe there are only 2 weeks until Christmas!!! I've gotten most of my shopping done, and I just have to figure out what to get my father-in-law. Forrest gave me one of my Christmas gifts early last night, but only because I needed it. He bought me a double boiler pan... and I know that sounds totally unromantic, but if you knew me, and how much I enjoy cooking, and if you knew Forrest and how much time he spends trying to find special gifts, you'd realize how special this is. I think I said something 2 months ago about needing a double boiler pan, and he remembered!!! The reason he gave it to me early is because I needed it to make some of the candies I'm making for folks for Christmas. I was gonna go buy one last night, and he was like, no wait!!! :) and gave me the double boiler. So hooray!!! :)
I think I'm over the whole losing the auction thing. Forrest and I talked about it, and I think we're gonna try to find another bedding set that's cheaper. Mom could get the set at retail, but $300 for a bedding set??? I just can't justify that when you can buy sets for $150... half the cost, that are just as good of quality, if not better.
More rambling... Today is Forrest's work Christmas Party. I'm really excited about it, because... 1) I don't get out much, 2) The people he works with/for are soooo nice and cool, and 3) did I mention I don't get out much? :) Only thing is that the party happens during the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!! (well... to me at least). Appalachian State University (my alma mater) is playing Furman University... one of the biggest rivalries in the Southern Conference. They're actually on TV now (ESPN2)... so I gotta run... GO APPS!!!!!!!

No comments: